What Christmas carol songs do you know? Looking for worth while activities during this Yuletide Season? Share your talents in Christmas Carol singing and join the "Pasko sa The Strip: A Christmas Caroling Contest." Brought to you by The Strip in Partnership with the Iligan Bloggers Society, Inc., and the City Tourism Office of Iligan.
1. The contest is open to any group of 8-15 members, in Iligan City and the neighboring cities/municipalities, except professional singing groups.
Each group shall sing a cappella only. No instruments and minus-one are allowed. However, body parts may be utilized as instruments in the caroling.
2. There will be two (2) qualifying rounds to be held on December 10 and 17, 2011. Each group will sing two (2) songs - 1 fast and 1 slow - for a maximum of six (6) minutes only (excluding entrance and exit). Two (2) points from the consolidated scores shall be deducted for every minute in excess of the allotted time and a fraction thereof in case of seconds.
3. Any Christmas songs (Tagalog, Visayan or English) may be sung.
4. The top five (5) groups from each of the qualifying rounds will be selected to compete for the Championship Round.
5. The Championship Round shall be held on December 23, 2011. The ten (10) finalists shall sing three (3) songs - two (2) choice piece and one (1) contest piece - for a maximum of 10 minutes only (excluding entrance and exit). Two (2) points from the consolidated scores shall be deducted for every minute in excess of the allotted time and a fraction thereof in case of seconds.
6. The contest piece shall be announced on the 2nd Qualifying Round, after the 5 finalists have been selected. Finalists from the 1st qualifying round shall be informed of the contest piece.
7. Criteria for Judging :
Voice Quality 40%
Timing and Interpretation 25%
Originality and Creativity 25%
Over-all Impact 10%
8. Prizes at stake :
1st : P 10,000.00
2nd : P 7,500.00
3rd : P 5,000.00
8. Deadline of Registration is on December 7, 2011. Submit Registration Form at Calda Pizza, The Strip, Pala-o, Iligan City or City Tourism Office, Buhanginan Hill, Pala-o, Iligan City.